Monday, March 19, 2012

Not Very Mature

Elizabeth is currently on a tour of the countryside with the Gardiners. I believe this to be a very good outing for her indeed. However, because her travels bring her close to Mr. Darcy's manor, she agrees to go on a tour of the estate. I would be proud of this, for it showed character to visit someone whom you do not exactly agree with, but the reason she is allowing this is simply because Mr. Darcy is believed to not be present. She should go whether he is there or not I believe, as to show some independence.

5 comments:

  1. Father I appreciate your concern in my independence but I can make my own decisions whether they are good or bad, I will learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    I understand why you do not care to visit Pemberley during my presence, but I want you to know that I would be delighted to see you again. I will be returning to Pemberley shortly, for I must prepare for some guests. Hopefully you and the Gardiners will be around. I do not much like being away from you for so long. I hope you enjoy my estate; you are always welcome to visit as often as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not want Elizabeth near my house, but she chose to come here to Derbyshire. I hope that she won't make a scene and that everyone will get along. I am bring Miss Darcy back so we will probably overlap paths and will meet each other.I do not think it is cowardly because I also do not want to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father, perhaps she does not want to hurt him. She told me that he seemed pretty hurt after her rejection. He had also said some awful things to her. It is not immaturity. In fact, it is quite the opposite. It is very mature to not want revenge after one has been wronged in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father, as far as your concerned, I very much enjoyed my visit to Pemberley. Darcy got a chance to meet the Gardiners and I am very pleased with how everything turned out. Everything was beautiful there and I learned quiet a bit from his housekeeper about him. Even though I was skeptical about going, I would have regreted it if I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete